SKI AREA CLOSED - INFORMATIONS COVID-19 >
Ski lifts opening and slopes access may change at any time depending on weather and security conditions and various maintenance operations.
In the footsteps - or rather tracks, of Olympic medalists Roddy Darragon or Sylvie Becaert, cross-country skiing in Le Grand-Bornand allows you to enjoy up-close the terrain they skied on to train. In the Bouchet Valley and in the upper part of Chinaillon near the old village, cross-country skiing is king.
TRAILS IN LE GRAND-BORNAND VILLAGE AND IN THE BOUCHET VALLEY
This wild area, populated with snow-covered spruce trees and cozy chalets nestled beneath the snowflakes, the Nordic ski area offers 58km of perfectly groomed and maintained runs, with three main access points (Village, Les Plans, and Lormay Auberge Nordique) that will allow you to discover a wonderful setting that combines the great outdoors, sliding on snow, cultural sites, and local agricultural life.
- 11 loops, ranging from 1km to 15.5km, from beginner to expert, including the Nordic trail that links with the Les Confins Nordic ski area.
NORDIC ITINERARIES IN LE GRAND-BORNAND CHINAILLON (Free access)
- 70.5 km of groomed trails for classic or skating technique starting in the Village and heading towards the Bouchet Valley.
- Tour du Danay black track (12 km) to join the nordic ski area at le Clusaz / Les Confins.
- 2 biathlon stadiums (cross-country skiing and shooting) in Les Plans in the Bouchet Valley and in the Sylvie Becaert stadium in the heart of the Village (the place of The Biathlon World Cup).
- 3 fun learning areas open to everyone, near the ice-skating rink in Le Grand-Bornand Village, in Les Poches, and at the Lormay - Auberge Nordique in the Bouchet Valley.
- 9 km of artificially snow-covered slopes.
- 4 loops for classic Nordic skiing ranging from 1.4km to 9.4km starting in the old village and through the pastures and forests facing the alpine ski area.
- 1 groomed trail for pedestrians starting from Chinaillon's old village to discover and enjoy the Aravis Mountains.